Thursday, May 24, 2012

Reintroduction to Cartridge Console Gaming, pt II

This week has been really busy with work, but a package was waiting for me when I got home. The Super Famicom I had mentioned earlier arrived along with a few games I had ordered:
  • 聖剣伝説2 (Seiken Densetsu 2) - CIB
  • スーパーガチャポンワールド SDガンダムX (Super Gachapon World SD Gundam X)
  • 第4次スーパーロボット大戦 (Dai-4-Ji Super Robot Taisen)
  • The Hyrule Fantasy ゼルダの伝説 1 (Zelda no Densetsu 1: The Hyrule Fantasy) for the Famicom
A few bonus games managed to find their way in as well (Thanks, Manuel!):
  • ワンダラーズ フロム イース (イース3)(Wanderers From Ys III)
  • SD機動戦士ガンダム V作戦始動 (SD Mobile Suit Gundam: V Sakusen Shidou)
This weekend I'm going to try and rig up a light box for some proper photos. However, I couldn't resist hooking the Super Famicom up for a test run.

I hooked everything up, turned it on... and only heard music. After switching games around, making sure the cable was properly seated... and definately not being one to panic (ha, ha)... I dug through my old pile of cords and dug out another AV cable (from my old SNES) to see if that was the issue. Plugged it in, and was greeted by a black screen again... and not even audio! I felt that sinking feeling in my stomache, and tried switching the cables around a few times... only to realize a few minutes later, I had gotten the ends mixed up. I was trying to hook up two ends of different cables, of course there would be nothing showing because nothing was connected!

Such a great track record for my new acquisitions. In any case, all games were tested and working! Look forward to some pictures of everything this weekend. I'm planning on doing some before/after shots of the systems and cartridges after some mild cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment